Share this blog:
Last time you were here, we covered some of the most helpful public speaking YouTube channels available online. If you haven’t read that post yet, check that out here! This week, we’ll be going over some of the most useful public speaking books!
Self-help books are ones written to help their readers solve personal problems, usually so that they can become a better person overall. As you are developing your public speaking skills, there are many self-help books out there that can guide you on your journey.
In this blog post, I’ll be going over the Top 5 brilliant public speaking books I’ve discovered in my journey to become a better speaker. Though I am linking each title with the ebook you can purchase on Amazon, physical copies can also be found in libraries or bookstores near you!
- Ted Talks: The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking by Chris Anderson – One of the most famous books on public speaking, this masterpiece made by Chris Anderson incorporates stories from real TED Talk speakers into his speaking tips. Learn from the best of the best!
- The Exceptional Presenter by Timothy J. Koegel – This book outlines some of the most important things you’ll need for your speech: structure examples, body language ideas, practice charts, and worry management tips.
- The Storyteller’s Secret by Carmine Gallo – In this book, the author will take you along on the exhilarating journey of crafting powerful, educational, simple, and motivational stories. Go along for the ride!
- Set Your Voice Free by Roger Love – If you’ve ever felt self-conscious about your speaking voice, this is the book for you. And it doesn’t just work for public speaking, either – Mr. Love is a world-renowned vocal coach who has helped many of your favorite singers develop their craft.
- Public Speaking for Kids: An Illustrated Guide by Snigdha Shenoy – This is the public speaking book that children have been looking for. With engaging illustrations and simple explanations, people of any age can benefit from this quick and fun read! (And by purchasing the ebook, you will be helping support this very blog!)
“Speaker’s Toolkit” Books: These are some resources that I find useful to refer to periodically – you don’t necessarily need to read through each book completely to find value. They’re just nice to have on hand!
- Great TED Talks – This amazing boxed set includes 3 guides to help you develop stunning speeches: Creativity, Innovation, and Leadership. It also includes a guided journal with interactive exercises to help you reflect on your personal growth!
- The Speaker’s Book of Quotations – Using someone else’s words to deliver a point can really make an impact on your audience. And what better way to find the perfect quote than with a book compiled specifically for that purpose? This incredible resource is divided into 34 sections, each of which includes quotes relating to a topic like Success, Education, or Food.
I hope these eye-opening books will help you follow in the footsteps of some of these great speakers. Join us next time for another “Top 5”!
To continue reading this article or receive future blog articles when they are posted, please subscribe. Please note that we take your privacy seriously and do not share your details with anyone! If you are interested in our ebook, please check out “Public Speaking for Kids – An Illustrated Guide!“